Gunmen and bombers attacked busy restaurants, bars and a concert hall at locations around Paris on Friday evening, killing at least 153 people in what a shaken President Francois Hollande described as an “unprecedented terrorist attack”.
The French President François Hollande closed the nation’s border and issued a state of emergency. People were urged to evacuate the streets and stay inside their respective homes.
A total of six locations were attacked. Attack sites:
- Bataclan concert venue, 50 boulevard Voltaire, 11th district – gun and suicide bomb attacks
- Stade de France, St Denis, just north of Paris – explosions near venue as France played Germany in football friendly
- Le Carillon bar, 18 rue Alibert, 10th district – gun attack
- Le Petit Cambodge restaurant, 20 rue Alibert, 10th district – gun attack
- La Belle Equipe, 92 rue de Charonne, 11th district – gun attack
- La Casa Nostra restaurant, 2 rue de la Fontaine au roi, 11th district – gun attack