A woman in Ohio woke up one morning and was not able to see out of her left eye. She had gone blind in one eye!
Janese Walters said,
“I woke up one day and I couldn’t see out of my left eye, I looked in the mirror and I thought I had pink eye or something.”
Doctors could not understand the cause of why or how she could go blind in one eye.
That is, until she told them about her pet cat.
Then doctors realised that Janese had, what is called, cat scratch. No, her cat did not scratch her eye ball out. Cat scratch is caused by a bacteria passed along by cats and kittens, through their saliva or even fur.
Dr Brickman said,
It can affect the eyes, because what it does is increases blood vessels that creates problems – called antinomies. It can also cause some liver problems and can get into the spinal fluids and create meningitis.