Karachi Literature Festival (KLF), a celebration of Art and literature, is now in its seventh year and going strong. Here’s why you should mark your calendars for KLF 2016 on February 5th, 6th and 7th:
1. Books will be launched and authors will talk about their books.
2. Nandita Das, transgender rights activist Laxmi Tripathi and Anupam Kher will come from across the border
3. KLF Peace Prize, The KLF Coca-Cola Best Non-Fiction Book Prize, and KLF Urdu Fiction/Non-Fiction Prize will be awarded
4. Some amazing sessions and talks have also been scheduled
The session ‘Pakistani Cinema Strikes Back’ (also day 2) with Nimra Bucha, Meenu Gaur, Sania Saeed, and Ayesha Omar is not to be missed.
5. Day 1 signs off with a musical evening by Vidya Shah and Zoe Viccaji
6. Day 2 closes on two events: the screening of Manto.
7. Followed by a talk with Anwar Maqsood and a mushaira
8. Day 3 will end with a bang as Saad Haroon will be on hand to provide some comic relief via his stand-up act.
The full programme can be viewed here.