Many young Pakistanis move abroad in search of greener pastures. While the thought of having an independent life of your own in a foreign country is exciting and thrilling — until you leave home.
Here’s a list of things Pakistanis miss when they move to a foreign country:
1. Going home to your family after a long tiring day!
2. Your room, your favourite pillow, your favourite couch!
3. Ghar ka khana and eating with everyone!
4. Someone to wake you up when you sleep past your alarm
5. The fact that there is always someone around to clean your messy room and do your laundry.
6. Fighting with your annoying siblings
7. Your nosy rishtedaars and the drama that comes with them
8. Birthday parties of important people in your life
9. Your neighbourhood chai wala, chawkidaar, doodhwala, naanwala, taxiwala, dukaandaar uncle and many many others who you have always known and are comfortable with
10. Dost yaar!
11. Your favourite hangout spot – your favourite chai wala or your favourite dhabba
12. Desi Shaadiyan and all night dhamaal
13. Rickshaws! You even miss the sound of RICKSHAWS!! (Not if you were based in Islamabad of course)
14. Unexpected holidays
15. A sense of togetherness and brotherhood, especially when there’s a Pakistan vs India match taking place
16. The feeling of comfort you get in a shalwar kameez
17. Celebrating festivals like Eid in a desi style
18. And the sound of the Azaan