Pakistani-born Canadian artist Maria Qamar perfectly summarises the problems of a desi girl in her hilariously accurate comics and we just love them.
1. On our dietary struggles.
2. Our moms when we are on a diet.
3. On our families’ obsession with getting us married off.
4. When we are bored.
5. When a creep teases us.
6. On overprotective desi parents.
7. On creepy stalkers.
8. When we can’t tell your parents the truth.
9. The horror.
10. Because we love biryani the most.
11. On our unconditional love for Samosas.
12. About the love story with no wedding bells.
13. This realisation.
14. When desi boys talk about us.
15. On aunties who think their son is perfect.
16. On limited career choices desis have.
💥YASSS BETI GO OFFFF💥 Me and my own little pyaari beti @babbuthepainter are hosting a collaborative exhibit (yes, we made this one together!), a panel AND A WERY ROCCCKKKING PARTY called ☝🏽️SHAME SHAME☝🏽️on 12 Ossington Ave. in Toronto. Nov. 28th. Brought to u by #ctcwest and curated by my uncles @gilesmonette and @rapalbumswrapsarees