Moving abroad and away from home, whether for work or college, is one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences a person can have. It’s a memory you never forget. But coming back from abroad can sometimes be… hard.
Here are some things that happen when you come back to Pakistan after having lived abroad:
1. You hate how you get off the plane and see people cutting the line!
You know you will probably do the same yourself in a day or two, but today, it bothers you.
2. You miss how Urdu was your secret language and suddenly you don’t have a secret language anymore!
You try to learn some form of Pig Latin but that doesn’t last very long either – so you just blurt things out now. No more secrets.
3. You come back a little depressed and you’re not sure why.
4. You miss your friends. And you know it will be difficult to see them again because they live in different countries!
But you’ve already started planning your vacations to each country and are delighted to know someone there!
5. You miss WALKING from one place to another.
6. You forget how many khaddas you have to avoid on the way to your house.
You keep wondering if the roads were always this bad…
7. Were there always so many beggars around?
8. Oh, wow! the lights gone…
And it’s normal.
9. Oh! Look, no water.
10. Hey let’s go to a… oh they don’t have that here.
11. I wanna go to a friend’s house maybe I’ll take the metro.. oh wait
12. You go to a store to try and return something only to realise they don’t do that here.
Nahi sir hum return aur exchange nahi kartein