Imagination goes a long way, but those who have never studied at an all-girls school would never know the heavenly experience it has to offer. An all girls school is, honestly, a blessing in disguise.
But you can’t have that bliss all your life, can you? What happens when you switch to a co-ed school/college?
The exuberance, in this case, is always mingled with anxiety.
What would I do?
What would I say?
How will I make friends?
Incorporating these questions, here are the 16 things that happen to those who switch to co-ed school/college after spending a long time in an all-girls school.
1. Your day one is a total nightmare; you do not know whom to approach
2. The extra effort put in for everything
Eyebrows – check; waxing – check; thoughtful outfit – check.
3. You suddenly start regretting your choice of coming to a co-ed school
The camaraderie among people starts to annoy the hell out of you and you start feeling like a born loner.
4. You become paranoid to the core
5. You become extremely conscious of your clothing, behaviour and all the nuances of your personality; no one seems to care though
But you never know!
6. Every laugh that you hear, somehow appears to be made in your name; you then fidget around in horror
Who wouldn’t? You’re the new game.
7. All this only happens until you start to weld around with new friends
And then it gets better.
8. But you have to keep a tongue-check before saying girly stuff; not until you get comfortable enough
Because you never know whom you might offend.
9. And then, all of a sudden, you begin to enjoy it all more than ever
10. You start getting along with boys as much as you do with girls
Because it is a lot more fun and a lot less drama.
11. It’s almost like a different side of heaven
Haha, tell me more.
12. And then you will see what you’ve missed all your life; having a guy best friend, knowing stuff from their point of view, chilling without any prejudices. . .
Oh boy, it is bliss.
13. And the gossip-wars are as much fun, even more so than the all-girls school
Because then you hear the girls side of the story and the actual thing.
14. Mixed-gender environment is all the more fun
The best of both worlds.
15. And your girlfriends from old school see you as a resource for meeting potential men
16. Endless ways for amusement that you never knew existed
Since deep down you know, it is just the beginning. . . \m/
The original version of this post can be found here