Living in Pakistan with bad Urdu is really difficult… actually scratch that it’s really annoying!!!
Here are some issues you face if you are a Pakistani who sucks at Urdu:
1. People always called you burger
2. Others thought you were acting
3. Your own family made fun of your bad Urdu
4. They always talk about that one time you said something really stupid in Urdu
5. Your friends forced you to read things in Urdu so they could make fun of you
Did I read that properly?
6. Or laugh at how badly you speak Urdu
7. You have your own Urdu vocabulary
8. You use some words not knowing their exact meaning, and sometimes it backfires
9. Your Urdu teacher used to hate you and probably still does.
The feelings mutual Miss Rukhsana.
10. You would be terrified if you were asked to read something out loud in class
11. Reading Urdu road signs or billboards is just plain difficult
12. You can’t bargain to save your life
Yes! I got it down from Rs200 per orange to,
13. Rickshaw and taxi wallas will ALWAYS over charge you
Kitna karaya ho gaya 15minute ki drive ke liye?
14. You get confused with 150 and 250
Eik minute, dhai soh is 250 or 150?
15. You have no idea what the Maulvi Saab is saying on Jumma
16. You spell Roman Urdu wrong too!