The 89th birthday of “Shahanshah-e-Ghazal” (King of Ghazal), Mehdi Hassan is being celebrated today. Mehdi Hassan was born on 18 July 1927 in a village called Luna, Rajasthan in Jhunjhunu district in India into a family of traditional musicians.
Mehdi Hassan is among one of the most spellbinding voices recorded in the history of the sub-continent. He was known for his baritone voice and credited with bringing ghazal singing to a worldwide audience.
Here are some of the ghazal’s and songs by the legendary singer Mehdi Hassan Khan.
1. Tere Bheege Badan Ki Khushboo Se
2. Pyar Bhare Do Sharmile
3. Thehra Hai Sama Hum Tum Hain Jahan
4. Ye Jhuki Jhuki Nigahen
5. Jab Koi Pyar Se Bulayega
6. Ranjish Hi Sahi
7. Mujhe Tum Nazar Se
8. Yeh Kaghzi Phool Jaise Chehre
9. Ab Ke Hum Bichhre
10. Rafta Rafta Woh Meri Hasti Ka Saman Ho Gaye
11. Dil-E-Veeran Hai Teri Yaad Hai Tanhai Hai
12. Ek Bar Chale Aao
13. Yoon Zindagi Ki Raah Mein Takra Gaya Koi
14. Yeah Tera Nazuk Badan
15. Zindagi Mein To Sabhi Pyaar Kiya Karte Hain
Mehdi Hassan will always remain in our hearts <3