At the prime age of six, I experienced the wonders of makeup for the very first time. Although I had become accustomed to the play makeup my mom let me use, my babysitter let me play with REAL makeup. I felt a rush of excitement as my lips changed from pink to red with one simple swipe of a lipstick tube, and then I was hooked! Fast forward almost 20 years later, and my lipstick obsession has grown in leaps and bounds. However, for all the wonders that come with lipstick, that tube of colour certainly has it’s short comings.
Here are 15 lipstick struggles every lipstick obsessed person can relate to.
1. Needing to change your entire outfit to match the lip look you chose that day.
2. When your lipstick wears off in such a way that you look like an 80’s mom with dark lined lips.
It’s not a good look.
3. Having a perfectly lined cupids bow, and smudging it the second you purse your lips together.
4. Finding the perfect color, only to discover the lipstick itself is absolute garbage.
5. Having to choose between eating and having perfect lipstick all day.
6. Giving into food, and having to deal with THIS!
You try to eat like this:
But you still end up with this:
Why yes, I would love a side of lipstick with my burger.
7. Dealing with lipstick transfer every time you take a sip of your drink.
8. Not bringing lipstick for touch-ups because the lipstick promised to be 24/h wear and non-transferable.
9. When you don’t realize you have lipstick on your teeth, and walk around with it ALL DAY.
10. Even worse, when you accidentally smear some on your face and don’t realize.
11. Trying to find the perfect shade of red has become a life long mission.
12. No matter what, you must have lipstick on your person at all times.
I have one in my purse, one in my work bag, one AT work, and approximately 50000 in my home. I HAVE A PROBLEM.
13. Experimenting with trendy pastel colors does not always have a positive outcome.
It NEVER looks like this.
14. Don’t even try to apply lipstick in a moving vehicle.
15. Finally finding the perfect lipstick, and then it gets DISCONTINUED.
No look is complete without lipstick!
The original version of this post can be found here