The easiest, yet most intimate, way of showing your love, affection, attraction or appreciation to someone is to kiss them. This could be a peck on the cheek, a peck on the lips or a full blown smooch right on the mouth. But you know what else a kiss can do, other than expressing your endearment? It can have 14 of the most astonishing benefits to your health too! Check them out:
1. Kissing lowers stress
Kiss decreases the stress hormone know as ”cortisol” and increases serotonin levels in the brain.
2. Kissing releases hormones that make us happy
3. Kissing burns calories!
4. And reduces blood pressure
5. Kissing prevents cavities
6. And KILLS cramps and headaches
7. Kissing also helps boost your immune system
8. It has the ability of lowering anxiety
9. And decreasing pain
During a kiss, your body releases adrenaline, which reduces the feeling of pain. Also saliva contains a type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.
10. Kissing can also help tone your lip and face muscles
11. It’s a natural relaxant
12. And helps us calm down, promoting pleasure
13. Kissing is a great barometer for sexual compatibility