Have you ever been in a situation where you had to do the… small talk? There must have been plenty. It takes a lot of effort for some to survive small talk and for some it’s a breeze. It may sneak up on you at anytime and anywhere and you can’t do anything about it. Here are 13 struggles of people who hate small talk:
1. No matter how hard to you try to avoid it, you always end up having them.
2. You always hope to be the only one in the elevator.
3. When you go for grooming you have to mentally prepare yourself with the awkwardness that awaits you.
4. You have to control yourself from punching the next person who asks you about the weather.
5. The awkward silence after a ‘salam dua’ makes you cringe really hard.
6. You hate (read: jealous of) people who are good at small talk.
7. You try as hard as you can to avoid going to family gatherings and parties for the very reason!
8. You hate answering ‘durr k rishedaar’ asking you questions like ‘aur kya chal raha aj kal’ or ‘aur batao’
Kya bataon aur? Nahi pata!
9. And you’ve never really figured out how to answer, “Aray, itnay baray kaisay hogaye?”
10. At the end, you always end up saying ‘jee’ to everything.
11. And you wonder if you should ask a question too or just slowly walk away?
I go with slowly walking away!!!
12. You often get in conversation cycles like:
Kaise hain aap? Theek aur aap? Theek? Aur aap?
13. This is you having small talk:
Are you good at having small talk? Let us know in the comments below.