Friday night’s blue moon wasn’t blue, but its grandeur still prompted many to look up to the night sky in awe. People from all over the world gawked at the lunar rarity.
A blue moon is when two full moons rise in one month and on Friday night, we saw the second full moon of July. We don’t often get two full moons in one month. In fact, the next double feature won’t be until 2018. The last was in 2012.
For breathtaking photos of the blue moon from New Jersey to Brazil, keep scrolling.
1. This one captures silhouettes of people in front of the blue moon at Worlds of Fun amusement park camp in Kansas City, Missouri.
2. A plane ascending in front of the blue moon was taken from Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey.
3. The Statue of Liberty standing tall in front of the moon at the Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey.
4. This cross.
5. Another beautiful shot capturing the full moon’s overpowering shine.
6. A view of the blue moon rising from Trest near Jihlava, Czech Republic.
7. Another scene from Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey, showing Brooklyn in all its glory.
8. The blue beauty rises over the Lake Michigan horizon in Milwaukee.
9. Lucky for the man living in this house. An absolute treat to watch.
10. Bristol Rovers vs West Bromwich Albion match in England also witnessed the blue moon show.
11. Another click of the moon rising over the scoreboard during the fifth innings of a baseball game between the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees in Chicago.
12. Isn’t this the perfect picture to describe last night? It was taken from Taguig City, east of Manila, Philippines.
13. Another one from Makati city, east Manila in Philippines, silhouetting a large building perfectly.