Today is the 123th birthday of Madar-e-Millat (Mother of the nation) Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah. She was an adviser of her brother Muhammad Ali Jinnah, a strong critic of the British Raj and a strong advocate of two nation theory.
She sacrificed her personal and professional life for the future of Pakistan. After the death of her brother, she continued to remain a prominent philanthropist. After battling a long illness, Jinnah died in Karachi on 9 July 1967. Her legacy is associated with her support for civil rights, her struggle in Pakistan Movement and her devotion to her brother.
She received tremendous honours from the society after her death. The government of Pakistan has also built a monument in honour of Fatima Jinnah.
Here is a collection of some pictures of Lady of Pakistan.
1. Fatima Jinnah surrounded by ladies of Karachi, during their weekly “work party”.
2. Fatimah Jinnah outside the Palatial home of her brother Mohammed Ali Jinnah in Delhi, India
3. At Mohatta Palace Karachi
4. Civil servants receiving Fatima Jinnah
5. Fatima Jinnah greeted by Executive Ladies of Pakistan Girls Guide Association
6. Visiting Pakistan’s girl guides camp
7. Air Marshal Asghar Khan with Miss Fatima Jinnah during the Presidential Election campaign in Peshawar
8. Visiting “Mena Bazar” in Karachi
9. With Muhammad Ali Jinnah
10. Quaid-e-Azam, Governor General of Pakistan and Miss Fatima Jinnah with Nawab of Bahawalpur at Bahawalpur House (Al-Shams), Malir – Karachi
11. Eating breakfast with Muhammad Ali Jinnah
12. Baba-e-Urdu showing a book to Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah on her visit to Anjuman-e-Tarraqi-e-Urdu Library in Karachi
All the images are taken from here.