Desi people are obsessed with gora rung (fairness). Being a dark-skinned desi girl is not easy. Here’s what happens when you are a not-so-gori desi girl:
1. People often call you kali because if you are not fair, you are black.
2. When someone tells you only fair girls are beautiful
3. Aunties in your family and neighbourhood keep suggesting totkas for lighter skin
4. People who advice you to use Fair & Lovely are the type of people you don’t need in your life
5. You hate the fairness cream adverts the most!
Especially the ones that tell you that your professional abilities are secondary to how fair and/or lovely you are.