There are many perks of wearing a hijab but everyone who wears a hijab is also familiar with certain struggles that come with wearing this veil of modesty. While we love wearing it and it makes us feels great, here are 11 struggles that every hijabi girl will be able to relate to:
1. One hijab can work for many outfits and still look on fleek!
2. You have to fix your hijab ALL THE TIME because it loosens up when you eat or speak.
3. When someone is at the door and you run around the entire place like a headless chicken looking for a dupatta!!
4. No matter how many pins you buy, they are NEVER ever enough.
You lose them all the damn time!!
5. And they end up tearing all your dupattas! So most of the times you spend strategically adjusting your scarf so it hides all the holes!
6. And on days when the wind is strong, it just REFUSES to cooperate with you.
7. And then there are those very very unfortunate days, when you are in a hurry and you have to leave your house while your hair is still wet… and so you have to tie your wet hair into your hijab…
Every hijabi is guilty of it.
8. While your hijab feels really snug and cosy in the winters…
9. In the summers, you just want to take a very large very cold bucket of water and throw it on the sun to give yourself a break!
10. People almost always assume that girls who wear hijabs are all serious and scary.
11. When in reality we are just regular people.
It’s okay guys, you can talk to us about movies and stuff. We watch them, too.
How many of these struggles have you been through?