If you are studying or working, shopping or don’t have your own car, you have got to be familiar with public transport, especially the rickshaw. Here are 10 things you can relate to, and should be prepared for in case you don’t, if you travel by rickshaw frequently.
1. You have to be prepared to face all the bumps and jumps of a roller-coaster.
2. You know, by heart, the days on which CNG is available because when CNG is closed,
“Baji, CNG band hai Rs 50 zada deydein.”
3. And if CNG is open, you up your bargaining skills. Because you are a master at it.
“Aaj tou CNG bhi khuli hai tou bhi itna zada bata rahay hain kiraya.”
4. You measure distances in money instead of kilometres and metres.
Gulshan-e-Iqbal to Nazimabad = Rs 200
5. You will come across rickshaw walas who will tell you their sob stories and those who will whine about current affairs.
6. You will befriend your favourite rickshaw wala because he is THAT awesome.
When you need an urgent pick and drop, you get their number so you can call them up in time of need. And they will be there. Always.