10 Things That Happen When You Get Eidi
Published: Jul 8, 2016
After the first and second day of Eid, you probably think you will have a lot of savings, because everyone gives you Eidi. But what happens often, is quite the contrary!
Here are ten things that happen when you get or are in the process of getting Eidi.
1. You are only up to go to that aunty’s place because of Eidi
2. But mostly your mother takes over your Eidi
3. Because she has bigger responsibilities, like
4. You just don’t understand meeting such people
5. There is always a cousin who will come up to you and lie that they have more eidi than you, they DO NOT!
6. And if you are over 20, you get told that you are too old for Eidi
7. Then these kids gather around you for their share of Eidi
8. And if you say you don’t have money they act cute, and keep smiling with those innocent eyes until you hand them some Eidi
9. Some of your relatives are so inquisitive that you wonder if they’ve come to meet Eid or take a job interview.
10. While some surprise you!
Whatever happens with your Eidi, don’t forget to have a good time with your loved ones on Eid.