In 2010, three Pakistani cricketers disgraced themselves and embarrassed their nation when they were caught in a spot fixing scandal. Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were banned for five years after being caught red handed. Now the PCB is considering allowing them to play cricket again.
I personally feel they should not be allowed to play cricket again and here is why:
1. They don’t play for their country, they only care about personal gain.
Why would someone betray their country for money?
2. The only reason they said they’re going to be better is because they were caught!
Who knows how long they’d continue doing what they were doing if they weren’t caught?
3. Salman Butt was the team’s CAPTAIN!
He should have been working towards the betterment of the team, not making a quick buck!
4. They should be made an example of so that other cricketers learn that cheating doesn’t pay. EVER!
5. They can corrupt other players and set the wrong example
6. Players on the squad will be replaced and demoralised
7. It affects the team’s morale and shows there are no consequences for cheating and breaking the law
Is that the precedent we want to set?
8. It makes no sense that Danish Kaneria was banned for life but these people weren’t
9. Other teams and boards might question our integrity
10. Other up-comers should be given a chance instead of these guys.
We have SO MUCH TALENT IN PAKISTAN! Let’s celebrate that!