Here is a list of the 10 wealthiest couples in the world.
1. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and Melinda Gates
Net worth: $85.7 billion
Bill and Melinda Gates top the list according to the report by Wealth-X. This high-profile couple has donated more than $28 billion to philanthropic causes and support health and education initiatives worldwide through their Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
2. Founder of international fashion chain Zara, Amancio Ortega Gaona and wife Flora Perez Marcote.
Net worth: $70.7 billion
Zara is now part of a wider group of labels which include, Pull and Bear, Massimo Dutti, and bershka; all under the parent company Inditex (IDEXY).
3. Billionaire investor Warren Buffett and wife Astrid Menks
Net worth: $65 billion
Buffet owns huge stakes in companies Coca-Cola (KO), American Express (AXP), IBM (IBM, Tech30) and Goldman Sachs (GS)
4. David Koch and Julia Koch
Net worth: $47.5 billion
Brothers David Koch and Charles Koch made their fortune through Koch Industries, a giant oil and gas corporation which is among the biggest firms in North America. Julia is on the board of directors at the School of American Ballet and the Koch family is among the most influential in American Politics.
5. Charles Koch and Elizabeth Koch
Net worth: $47.4 billion
Charles Koch is involved in a lot of philanthropic along with his brother and has founded various organisations like the Mercatus center at George Mason University.
6. China’s richest man Wang Jianlin and wife Lin Ning
Net worth: $40.7 billion
Wang Jianlin is the owner of AMC Entertainment (AMC), and a range of luxury hotels and among other businesses.
7. Founder of Amazon Jeff Bezos and wife Mackenzie Bezos
Net worth: $39.8 billion
Jeff Bezos and Mackenzie Bezos started Amazon together after getting married in the 90s.
8. CEO of LVMH Bernard Arnault and Helene Mercier
Net worth: $38.7 billion
LVMH owns luxury brands Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Dior, and Benefit Cosmetics among others.
9. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerburg and Priscilla Chan
Net worth: $38.5 billion
The couple met at Harvard and married in 2012.
10. Youngest son of Wal-Mart founder founder Jim Walton and wife Lynne Walton
Net worth: $36.2 billion
Son of Samuel Walton, Jim is on the board of directors of Wal-Mart.
The original version of this post can be found here.