Here are the biggest moments in sports that happened in the year 2015
1. Ronda Rousey loses for the first time
Undefeated female mixed martial arts pioneer and fighter lost for the first time in her career. After 12 wins she received her first loss which was by knockout
2. Serena Williams loses to unranked Roberta Vinci in US open
In a shocking upset Serena Williams loses to unknown Roberta Vinci knocking her out of the US Open
3. Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao
The fight that should have happened 5 years ago happened none the less. The event was a lackluster to say the least with Floyd taking the win by decision
4. Kobe Bryant retires
A legend retires at the age of 37, he claimed his body couldn’t take the training anymore and he had to step down.
5. Jordan Spieth becomes Golf super star in US Open
He is also the youngest winner and won the Masters trophy in April
6. Djokovic ended 2015 with 11 titles, 82 wins and just six defeats
Djokovic now has 10 Grand Slam titles amongst his 59 career trophies.
7. FIFA bribes
It was found out that FIFA President Sepp Blatter has been taking bribes to award FIFA rights to others
8. American Pharoah wins the Triple Crown
It is rare for a horse to win three races in three different tournaments the last time it happened was in 1978. It happened again when American Pharoah won the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont winning the Triple Crown
9. Tyson Fury beat Vladimir Klitchko only to lose the title a two weeks later
Tyson Fury ended Vladimir Klitchko’s 10 year undefeate streak and won his title but lost it two weeks later after disagreeing to fight Klitchko again in a rematch clause.
10. Barcelona win the FIFA Club World Cup soccer tournament in Yokohama, near Tokyo.
Barcelona went on to beat River Plate winning the Club World Cup title.